Codfish with Cornbread is one of the most famous Portuguese dish. You will find on regular basis in local restaurants in the whole country.
If you travel to Portugal, you should know that along the Portuguese coast codfish is not available. Now days, most of the codfish arrives from Norway (80% is imported from this country).
Codfish with Cornbread ( bacalhau com broa in Portuguese ) is the perfect dish for a meal with family and friends. Easy to cook, very few ingredients, five steps and its done. Its time to go to the kitchen and relief your senses while cooking this amazing dish.
Codfish with cornbread Recipe
( portions for 4 people)
4 codfish stands
1 big cornflour bread
8 small potatoes
1 small cabbage
4 cloves of garlic
Salt and black pepper to taste
Olive oil to taste
2 bay leaves
1. Boil the potatoes. After boiled give them a punch to flat them a bit.
2. Take the codfish skin out, probably you will need to use a knife for this. Season the stands with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Crumb the inside of the corn bread and add olive oil and 2 chopped cloves of garlic, work it until you have a kind of paste.
4. In an oven tray set the codfish stands and cover the with the corn bread paste. Add the potatoes, the bay leaves, the 2 cloves of garlic crushed and drizzle everything with olive oil. Cook in the oven at 180ºC for about 30min.
5. Blanch the cabbage and serve it with the olive oil.
Feel free to share this recipe of the Portuguese gastronomy. Cooking Lisbon as available much more recipes based on fish .
More four recipes with Codfish: